Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I finally did it !

I started a blog !
For as long as I can remember ( with advancing age I have a short memory ) I have been meaning to do this but inertia and indecisiveness kept getting in the way .
Everyone I know had a blog that talked about SOMETHING dear to their heart- there were mom blogs and mom blogs , funny blogs , poetic blogs , holiday blogs ( and the unmentionable One Post Wonders )
My blog to be had to be special so I toyed with several "themes"
- the " Dedicated to my family blog " - with the classic family album etc - but got too lazy to find the pictures and scan them
- the "Serious blog" - I AM a market researcher and there is SO much gyan I can give to the world at large
- the "Holiday blog "- so that I can show off my 31 holidays
- the "superwoman blog" - where I can write about the travails of trying to be a reasonable perfect ( and modest :-) housewife and efficient professional rolled into a dynamite 5 ft nothing package .

Anyway , tossing a dice , thinking, has been getting me no where so I decided to just START and see what it makes of itself ...
Why the name ? An old friend of my parents ( the one who introduced them to each other ) met me when I was 12 and said - I've known you since you were a twinkle in your dad's eyes '- to date , the cutest way I have been referred to :-) . More later ..

4 comments:

Sandeep Verma said...

Hi!

Tell us about how lucky u got when u got married ;-)

Rohini said...

Well, looks like I missed the opportunity to be your first commenter. Damn!

Welcome to the blog world and hope you get past the One Post Wonder stage.

Rey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rey said...

Well done! Waiting for your second post!